My good friend Holly made us whole Tandoori Cauliflower many years ago and I loved it! The problem was… it was made from cow’s yogurt. Something that I don’t usually include in my diet. But the other day I had a sort of revelation. Why don’t I try this recipe with coconut yogurt.
Not only does this marinade work really well with coconut yogurt but I think it is even tastier. There is something utterly delicious about combining coconut and spices.
This is an awesome recipe for entertaining. It makes a great centrepiece for your table and is guaranteed to be a talking point. This recipe works equally well with cauliflower flouters instead of the whole head. The flavour is even more intense if you marinate the flouters and it cooks quicker.
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste spice mix
- 1 teaspoon curry spice mix
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Combine the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice and spices in a small bowl.
- Place the head of cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and slather with the spiced coconut yogurt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to allow to marinate.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180degC.
- Place the marinated head of cauliflower on a baking tray and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and the marinade is golden.
- Serve with rice and blanched green veggies.
Veggies & Me https://www.veggiesandme.com/