In my book, Sunday morning can’t get much better than a trip to the Farmers Market, followed by a brunch made up of the mornings veggie booty. This morning was no exception with a delicious Breakkie Roll of sautéed Honey Brown Mushrooms (from The Central Coast of NSW’s Margin’s Mushrooms) with smashed avocado on a fresh organic seeded roll.
Mushrooms are a really important component of the plant based diet. They are utterly delicious and filling but also boast a wide range of health promoting properties. They are a great source of protein, riboflavin, niacin, selenium, copper and vitamin D.
- 1 bread roll
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- handfull chopped parsley
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- Cut your bread roll in half and toast.
- Lightly sauté the sliced mushrooms and grated lemon rind in a hot pan with the coconut oil and water for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and stir.
- Spread the toasted bread roll with the avocado and top with the mushrooms.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
A couple of snaps from this month’s Concord Farmers Market, Concord, Sydney.