I know you are always on the look out for great time saving yet nutritious recipes and tools to keep meal time simple. I have teamed up with Magimix, one of my favourite, kitchen appliance brands to show you exactly what the Cook Expert can do… and this recipe for kid friendly Veggie Bolognese Sauce ticks all the boxes.
My daughter loves this recipe and I love just how fast it is to make in the Cook Expert. My Veggie Bolognese Sauce is on regular rotation at our place. I know just how hard it is to feed toddlers and this recipe really is one of my secret weapons.
- ½ red onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Peel and dice the onion. Fit the metal bowl. Add the onion and the olive oil.
- Run the EXPERT programme for 5 minutes/speed 3/120 °C.
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower, broccoli and tomatoes. Add to the metal bowl along with the lentils, salt, pepper, garlic granules and dried herbs. Run the PUREE SOUP programme for 30 minutes.
- Serve with wholemeal spelt pasta.