One of the best things about summer and Christmas in Australia is the amazing seasonal fruit. I absolutely love Australian stone and tropical fruit.
Lychees are one of those very special treats that come into season each summer and I make this most of them each year. The are to die for ripe and fresh on their own, in cocktails and in my tropical coconut ice-cream.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peeled and de-seeded lychees
- 200 ml light coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or high-speed blender and blend until just smooth.
- Transfer the soft ice-cream mix into a glass bowl and freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- This type of ice-cream is best eaten immediately after the 30 minute freezing time as it will not retain it's smooth texture after longer periods in the freezer.
All IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT MEGAN YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHY 2013. FOR USAGE PLEASE DROP ME A LINE email@example.com