With food it is often the simplest things that taste the best. This recipe is so simple it almost can’t be classified as a recipe… but here goes.
I often have a big bag of carrots in my veggie crisper. They always tend to arrive as part of my veggie box delivery and this recipe, I picked up in Paris, is a great way to make use of them. This salad makes a great picnic item, works well as a side dish and is a perfect addition to a salad sandwich.
- 1kg carrots
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Combine thoroughly in a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and set aside in the fridge for at least a hour before serving.
All IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT MEGAN YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHY 2013. FOR USAGE PLEASE DROP ME A LINE firstname.lastname@example.org