Have you ever done that thing… where you think you are ordering 2 of something and 2kg arrive?
I usually get a veggie box delivered but I was out of sync after arriving back from overseas and ordered groceries online. The result: heaps of red peppers. Not to worry. The result: was delicious!
- 2 red peppers
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Middle Eastern spice blend (I used Baharat)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Roast the red peppers on the BBQ or in a hot oven, turning regularly, until each side is blackened and the flesh is soft.
- Place the hot roast peppers in a airtight container and leave to cool enough to handle.
- Remove from the container and remove the blackened skin, stalk and seeds with your hands.
- Place the red pepper flesh in your food processor with all the other ingredients, except the water, and blitz.
- Add the water a bit at a time, while the food processor is running, until you achieve a smooth thick consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve in sandwiches, on top of salads or with veggie sticks.