The discussion was varied but focussed mainly on the ideas outlined in his best selling book Food Rules. This pocket sized book is one of my personal favourites. It is a collection of 64 ‘rules’ collated from thousands sourced by Pollan from all around the world. This book will change the way you think about food forever. It’s simple and common sense approach to healthy eating is not a fad and is sure to stand the test of time.
Let me share some of my favourite short rules with you here but I highly recommend you go out and buy the book. It is sure to influence your food choices for the better.
- Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
- Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third-grader cannot pronounce.
- Eat only foods that will eventually rot.
- Eat mostly plants, especially leaves.
- Don’t eat breakfast cereals that change the colour of the milk.
- The whiter the bread, the sooner you’ll be dead.