A plant based diet can tend to be higher in carbohydrates than other eating plans but this is not a problem if your carbs are coming from beautiful nutrient rich starches like fresh fruits, veggies and grains. That being said Cauliflower Rice is a great way to keep things a bit lighter and include an extra serve of antioxidant packed Cruciferous vegetables.
How to make Cauliflower Rice
- Wash half and head of cauliflower.
- Break the florets off using your hands and place them in your food processor.
- Pulse the machine until the cauliflower is finely chopped and resembles bread crumbs or course cous cous.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil (choose one with a high smoke point – high quality olive oil or rice bran oil) in a large heavy based fry pan over a medium heat.
- Pour in the cauliflower and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir until the cauliflower soften, just starts to turn golden and releases a lovely nutty fragrance.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic granules.