This style of recipe is one of those classic plant based meals that should be on heavy rotation at your house. It is simple to make, utalises any type of veggies or beans and is packed with nutrition. You can switch around the herbs and spices you use to keep things interested and choose seasonal veggies.
This dish is in my mid week suite of recipes. I cook it over and over again each time customising it to work with what flavours I am in the mood for and what veggies I have in the fridge or garden.
Ginger and Chipotle Chilli Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- 2x 420g can of black beans
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chilli Powder
- ½ cup diced capsicum (red, green or yellow)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 8 diced button mushrooms
- 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- salt and pepper
- Peel and finely dice the red onion then sauté with the olive oil, in a large saucepan, over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Peel and crush the garlic and add to the saucepan with the onions then sauté and stir for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and add to the saucepan.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the saucepan along with all the other remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer on a medium low heat for 2 hours or until thick and rich in flavour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Veggies & Me https://www.veggiesandme.com/