This week I am excited to be starting a new plant based nutritional certificate. I will share more details as the course develops. Wish me luck!
I believe in education and of taking full control of your own health and wellbeing through learning. There are so many amazing inspirational stories out their about people with chronic disease dramatically improving their quality of life through nutritional education. In the case of Toronto based nutritionista, Meghan Telpner, she has remained completely symptom free from the debilitating Crohn’s disease after getting educated and switching to a diet comprising of whole, unprocessed foods in combination with meditation, yoga, acupuncture and rest.
Meghan Telpner has tuned her remarkable story of healing into a wonderful resource offering workshops in her Toronto (Canada) kitchen and online classes for students from all over the world. Meghan is this week launching her latest and greatest online course called Foods For Healing. The Veggies and Me posse have been offered a special 10% discount on enrollment to this course with use of the unique coupon code “veggiesandme”.
I am also running an exciting giveaway to mark the launch of this latest course. Simply share a breif personal story of “Healing Through Food” in the comments below, before Sunday November 11th, to go into the running to win free enrollment to Foods For Healing. The most inspirational story will win. The lucky student will be announced on November 12th.
Meghan Telpner’s Foods For Healing Course Details
1 in 5 North Americans suffer from serious digestive distress. Most of our modern health challenges have some level of inflammation involved. I personally, spent years suffering from serious digestive issues until, in 2006, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease.
I have heard from so many of you asking what I did, what I ate, how I healed, and then how I worked with my dad to help him kick cancer, and how I have worked with hundreds of clients to get them on their own health train.
I am thrileld to be able to share this information with you! Foods For Healing is a course I began teaching here in my kitchen to groups of 20 at a time. As the demand grew, I couldn’t stretch my kitchen any further and so we have created this unvelievable course.
We had peope flying in from across North America to get to this workshop as there is currently nothing like it available.
- Over two hours of lecture style teaching with images, diagrams, and incredibly easy to follow explanations.
- Accompanying handouts of the slides to follow along and take notes.
- Additional documentation offering detailed information on specific healing protocols.
- 8 cooking demonstration videos showing how you can put what I share in the lecture, into practice in your kitchen and in everyday eating.
- A full 7 day meal plan + over 30 recipes.
- A full transition plan to help ease your way into a foods for healing mind set.
- Options to upgrade and get consultations and amazing kitchen equipment.
- Completely secure access to all your course materials.
- Flexibility to watch the videos and download the print materials at your convenience.
- Lifetime access to the course materials.
- Individuals dealing with everyday common/acute conditions like frequent colds/flues, PMS, headaches, low energy, insomnia etc.
- Individuals facing long term, chronic health challenges including inflammatory conditions like arthritis, asthma, IBS and IBD as well as heart disease or cancer.
- Individuals looking to build up their farm based medicine cabinet, looking for natural solutions to common health challenges.
- Natural health practitioners wanting therapeutic foods to play a more powerful role in your patient’s protocols.
- Students or recent graduates of nutrition programs who feel there was a healing foods component missing from the curriculum.
- Yoga teachers, osteopaths, chiropractors, trainers and other physical health experts looking to better support the progress of clients.
- Module 1: My story and how I healed.
- Module 2: Understanding the root of inflammation, food as medicine.
- Module 3: The role of the digestive system in total health, managing stress and it’s impact
- Module 4: Making the connection with food, conscious eating, assessing common dietary recommendtations.
- Module 5: General guidelines for eating for health and healing, the universal approach to health.
- Module 6: Specific therapeutic foods for healing, dietary recommendations for the three stages of healing, specific nutrients for healing.
- Module 7: Lifestyle habits and natural solutions.
- Module 8: Healing beverages, therapeutics foods in practice, cooking demos
- Module 9: Healing meals, therapeutic foods in practice, cooking demos
- Tools: Meal plan, recipes, transition guideline.
– Meghan Pearson
– Sammie Kennedy, Founder/CEO Booty Camp Fitness