I am starting to get the hang of my new daily routine with a little baby. It has become very apparent that if I want dinner before 10pm I need to make it in the morning. I am also exceptionally limited by time. I need to make very simple dishes that can be constructed in minutes, then set aside for later… This is a new cooking challenge for me.
A one pot dish like this with fresh greens and couscous (that can be made in minutes) is just what i am after.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons korma paste
- 1 head cauliflower
- 400 mL light coconut milk
- 200 mL vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- lime and flaked almonds for garnish
- In a large saucepan sauté the finely chopped onion and garlic with the coconut oil over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Spoon in the korma paste and stir over the heat for a couple of minutes to release the flavour.
- Break the cauliflower apart with your hands (into bite size pieces) and add to the saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, almond butter and salt and stir until well combined.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is soft but not mushy.
- Garnish with fresh lime and flaked almonds.
- Best served with brown couscous or rice and with green salad leaves of your choice.