I believe that it is the sauce/dressing, in many instances, that makes the meal. The right fresh, creamy, spicy, herbie, zingy, tangy, sweet or savoury dressing can take your favourite veggies from OK to OMG!
At last week’s ‘Eat More Veg!’ workshop I introduced my students to my simple Buddha Bowl Blueprint and one of the important elements is a Wow dressing.
And this… my friends is that special dressing. Use it on top of Buddha Bowls, salads, plates of streamed veggies or even as a dipping sauce. If you try this I promise you… you won’t be disappointed.
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter (made from 100% peanuts)
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
- ½-1 teaspoon Sriracha, Hot Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave optional
- hot water
- Combine the smooth peanut butter, grated ginger, soy sauce, vinegar and apple juice in a bowl and combine with a spoon.
- Add your preferred amount of chilli sauce and taste to check the level of heat.
- Sweeten if you desire with agave.
- Using a whisk continue to combine while adding hot water, a little at a time, until you reach a smooth pourable consistency.