Who said you have to follow the rules with food…? I love to mix things up… get inventive and creative. Pesto is one of the favourite foods in our house and I never follow the same recipe twice. This beetroot version is one of my latest creations.
Write a review
- 3 large beetroots
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- salt and pepper
- Peel the beetroots and boil them in a pot of water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Combine the cold beetroots and all the other ingredients in your food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve in sandwiches or with salad.
Veggies & Me https://www.veggiesandme.com/