Have you ever been invited to bring a vegetarian dish to a dinner and want to bring something that will be a hit with even the meat eaters? Or are you trying to include more veggies in your family favourites? Well this is the dish for you!!!
This is one of those veggie smuggler recipes that is so tasty and filling your fellow dinners wont even know it is anything other than traditional.
Smash your comfort food craving with this classic that also packs a veggie punch.
(you can thank me later).
***If you haven’t come across Quorn mince before check it out online here.***
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 x 700g bottles of tomato passata
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 grated zucchinis
- 450g Quorn mince
- ½ teaspoon mixed dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- Cauliflower “Béchamel”
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup savoury yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup plant milk (e.g. soy milk)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic granules
- salt and pepper
- Herbed Breadcrumbs
- 2 slices of wholemeal sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons each of parsley, thyme and rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 boxes of wholemeal lasagne sheet pasta
- Finely chop the onion and sauté with the oil, in a large saucepan, over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Peel and crush the garlic and sauté with the onions for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the passata, grated carrots and zucchini, Quorn mince and herbs to the saucepan and allow to simmer (with the lid off) for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime break the head of cauliflower up into florets and add to another saucepan with the 3 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and continue to simmer (with the lid on) for a further 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the yeast flakes, milk and garlic granules to the saucepan with the cauliflower and puree using a stick blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make the herbed breadcrumbs by blitzing the bread, herbs and garlic in your food processor until finely chopped.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180degC.
- Assemble the lasagne in a large (family size) baking dish.
- Start by covering the base of the dish with the Bolognese.
- Then add a layer of pasta sheets.
- Then add a layer of the cauliflower Béchamel and repeat until you have used all the sauces.
- Sprinkle the top with the herbed breadcrumbs and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pasta is soft and the top is golden.