I have said this many times before but we are so lucky, in Australia, that the festive season and the best of summer produce collide each year. It is easy to fill your Christmas table with gorgeous fresh fruits and vegetables and allow their naturally rich flavours and colours make any meal special.
I love including fruits in salad. Slices of citrus, pomegranate seeds or mango add something really special to salad. But fruit can equally work as well as part of a dressing. I love both puree mango or strawberries in salad dressings. You can check out my super simple Mango and Basil Dressing recipe here. Today I am sharing an even simpler Strawberry & Balsamic Salad Dressing.
The salad for this dressing is best kept simple. I recommend the simple combination of mixed salad leaves, avocado and thinly sliced radish.
- 250g punnet of ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Thoroughly wash the strawberries and remove the stalks.
- Puree all the ingredients using a blender until smooth.
- Chill and drizzle over salad.