In this post I wanted to show you just how simple and fast it is to make my delicious midweek Veggie Curry in a hurry. I promise you, if you follow these few simple steps, you can have dinner in half the time it would take to wait for a take-away to be delivered.
Simple curry is simple to make! There is nothing complicated, expensive, unhealthy or labour intensive about it. Keep things simple with a store bought curry paste or a curry powder blend or use some home-made curry paste (you made earlier) stored in your freezer. You can find my delicious home-made green curry paste recipe here.
I find I use the same formula over and over again and it works out beautifully every time.
So here is my basic curry formula:
1 onion, ginger and/or garlic, 2 tablespoons of curry paste, 1 can of light coconut cream, 4 cups of veg and the optional addition of beans or lentils.
This is the recipe for this week’s incarnation of this simple weeknight staple.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Korma curry paste (vegetarian)
- 400ml light organic coconut cream
- 1 cup carrot slices
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- salt to taste
- chilli, fresh herbs and flaked almonds to garnish
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and sauté in a saucepan with the coconut oil, over a medium heat, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and stir, while still on the heat, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the carrot slices, cauliflower florets and corn kernels and rinsed lentils.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Top and tail the sugar snap peas and add to the curry and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sliced chilli, fresh herbs and flaked almonds.